CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

As the years go by and Iwatch my sons grow up I realize what an awesome responsibility God has blessed me with. He has given me these boys to mold them, train them, and raise them in His image. It's not easy being a parent, no one ever said it was. I often ask God why He gave me three boys, then I think back to my childhood and remember the good times that Mike, Matt, and Josh had and how close they were. At that point I thank God for giving me three boys, there is something about the friendship my brothers had that is so special and I can see the same friendship building in my own boys. God knew what He was doing, He always does.
I pray for my boys each day. I pray that their eyes will see the truth, their ears will hear the truth, and their mouths will speak the truth. As the older two get on the bus I worry about what they will come across at school and the only thing I can do is pray.
As I trip over their toys almost breaking an ankle, I yell for them to clean them up, but I know that one day their toys won't be there. They will be grown and I will miss tripping on their toys almost breaking my ankle. Right now I look down at them when I talk but deep inside I know that in a matter of a few years I will be standing on a chair just to see them eye to eye.
I love my three sons. I am proud of them. They do their best to be everything that is expected of them. I probably don't give them enough credit where credit is due.
Thank you Jesus, for giving me three sons to love and cherish all the days of my life!

0 comments: